The Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities is progressing a program of work to improve the legislation applying in Norfolk Island.
This page contains information about consultation on any proposed changes and also includes updates on changes to legislation that have already been completed.
There are no current consultations.
Justice and Safety
- Consultation paper—legal changes for Norfolk Island PDF: 762 KB
- Changes to Norfolk Island Laws: Protecting Vulnerable People (Domestic and Personal Violence) PDF: 428 KB
- Changes to Norfolk Island Laws: Protecting Vulnerable People (Criminal Procedure and Sentencing) PDF: 423 KB
- Changes to Norfolk Island Laws: Significant Development PDF: 233 KB
- Legislation Update: Changes to support Council Elections PDF: 231 KB
Compilations of Applied NSW Laws
Compilations of some NSW laws applied in Norfolk Island are made periodically and include the text of the NSW laws with amendments made for Norfolk Island by the Norfolk Island Applied Laws Ordinance 2016.
Compilations are accurate at the time they are made, but will not include any subsequent amendments made after the compilation date.
- Local Government Act 1993 (NSW) (NI) compiled 8 December 2018 PDF: 6810 KB