Regional Jobs and Investment Packages
The Australian Government has committed $222.3 million to the Regional Jobs and Investment Packages (RJIP) to help regions in Australia diversify their economies, stimulate long-term economic growth and deliver sustainable employment.
Ten pilot regions have been chosen to be a part of the RJIP. These regions have much untapped potential which, if unlocked could lead to new sources of growth, economic diversity and the opportunity to pursue export markets. RJIP aims to support these regions to meet the opportunities that will help to secure their economic future.
The packages will be delivered across the following ten regions:
- Bowen Basin, will receive $30 million
- New South Wales North Coast, will receive $25 million
- New South Wales South Coast, will receive $20 million
- Wide Bay Burnett, will receive $20 million
- Goulburn Valley, will receive $20 million
- Tropical North Queensland, will receive $20 million
- Geelong, will receive $20 million
- Regional Tasmania, will receive $27.27 million
- Upper Spencer Gulf, will receive $20 million
- Latrobe Valley, will receive $20 million
Funding for projects in the ten regions have been announced. A list of successful projects can be found at:
- New South Wales North Coast
- New South Wales South Coast
- Tropical North Queensland
- Regional Tasmania
- Wide Bay Burnett
- Bowen Basin
- Goulburn Valley
- Upper Spencer Gulf
- Latrobe Valley
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science's Business Grants Hub is responsible for administering the program on behalf of the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities (this includes grant application, enquiries and project management activities).
Program Guidelines, contact details for enquiries and other program information, is available on www.business.gov.au/rjip.