Appointment of new Regional Development Organisation members
Date: 28 September 2016
Relevant: Christmas Island and Cocos (keeling) Islands
Topic: Appointment of new Regional Development Organisation members
I am pleased to announce the appointment of five new members to fill vacancies in the Indian Ocean Territories Regional Development Organisation (RDO). These are voluntary positions for terms of either one or two years.
The RDO was established by the Australian Government to promote and support the policies, strategic plans and priorities that facilitate development in the Indian Ocean Territories. Membership is comprised of the Administrator of the Indian Ocean Territories, a representative from each of the two Shires, and three community representatives from Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands respectively.
These new appointments follow an Expression of Interest process where nominations were sought from the communities of Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands. The five new members draw on diverse experience and expertise from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors as well as being active members of their communities.
- Daniel Becker; General Manager–Indian Ocean Group Training Association
- Eric Chong; Resident Manager–Christmas Island Phosphates
- Chris Su; Governance, Research, Policy & Grants Officer–Shire of Christmas Island
Cocos (Keeling) Islands:
- David O'Dowd; Owner & Operator of Cocos Autos Car Hire and Mechanical Repairs
- Semat Noom (Nek Neng); Tradesman
I wish them all the best for their terms serving on the RDO.
Indian Ocean Territories