Christmas Island is located in the Indian Ocean, 380 kilometres south of Java and 2650 kilometres north west of Perth. The nearest point on the Australian mainland is Northwest Cape, approximately 1565 kilometres to the south east. The Island has an area of 135 square kilometres.
The following links provide further information about the essential services provided to the Island.
- Christmas Island Crown Land Management
- Governance and administration
- Environment and heritage
- Traveller information
- Information and services
- Government gazettes and community bulletins
- Christmas Island online geographic information system
- Photo gallery
- Health Advisory Group: Expressions of Interest