Regional Jobs and Investment Packages
The Australian Government has committed $220 million to the Regional Jobs and Investment Packages (RJIP) to help regions in Australia diversify their economies, stimulate long-term economic growth and deliver sustainable employment.
Ten pilot regions have been chosen to be a part of the RJIP. These regions have much untapped potential which, if unlocked could lead to new sources of growth, economic diversity and the opportunity to pursue export markets. RJIP aims to support these regions to meet the opportunities that will help to secure their economic future.
The packages will be delivered across the following ten regions:
- Bowen Basin, will receive $30 million
- New South Wales North Coast, will receive $25 million
- New South Wales South Coast, will receive $20 million
- Wide Bay Burnett, will receive $20 million
- Goulburn Valley, will receive $20 million
- Tropical North Queensland, will receive $20 million
- Geelong, will receive $20 million
- Regional Tasmania, will receive $25 million
- Upper Spencer Gulf, will receive $20 million
- Latrobe Valley, will receive $20 million
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s AusIndustry Business Grants Hub is responsible for administering the programme on behalf of the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development (this includes grant application, enquiries and project management activities).
Programme Guidelines, contact details for enquiries and other programme information, is available on www.business.gov.au/rjip